You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k Box not Showing Personal Library

Just purchased an Apple TV 4k box and setup successfully. However, when using the Apple TV app on the box and selecting Library, I'm not seeing my personal library of home movies that I host on my iMac. I can see my home movies in the Apple TV app on iPad and iPhone. Any suggestions?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 8:09 AM

The library in the TV app on the Apple TV box is for purchased video content from the iTunes Store.

Home movies should be shared from the Mac using Home Sharing, and accessed using the Computers app (not the TV app) on Apple TV box. Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2022 8:09 AM in response to dowliro

The library in the TV app on the Apple TV box is for purchased video content from the iTunes Store.

Home movies should be shared from the Mac using Home Sharing, and accessed using the Computers app (not the TV app) on Apple TV box. Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support.

Jan 19, 2023 7:41 AM in response to Tisbroken

only shows three of 30 movies
  • If you see some content, the Home Sharing itself is working. Depending on media file tagging, some videos may show in Movies, and other videos may show in Home Videos. Look in both tabs to verify.
  • The Mac and TV app may support slightly different content than Home Sharing on the Apple TV box, based on file format and codecs. Consider if there are (technical) differences between the files that show and the ones that don’t.

Jan 14, 2023 3:49 PM in response to dowliro

Have run into the same problem. AppleTV receiver through “computer” app can pick up both computers’, minimac &imac, Apple TV libraries. They are all connected by Cat6a ethernet however library on mini Mac only shows three of 30 movies. No problems with library content from iMac. Have called Apple 5 times talked with upper tier techs problem still exist. Reinstall operating system deleted movie files and re-download have changed chrome setting and added new contact Apple receiver still does not recognize downloaded contacts from mini Mac. Problem started with OS Ventura iMac could not support the Os update anymore????

AppleCare tech question hooking up devices that were meant to stream and did know libraries on co computers could be access by Apple TV receiver.

Ticket is still open and unresolved

Apple TV 4k Box not Showing Personal Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.