You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

US MACBOOK AIR CHARGER IPAD ADAPTER

hello,

i bought a macbook air m2 from us and i would like to use it in the UK.

can i change the 2 flat pin adapter on the charger with the adapter which is on an ipad adapter i have already?

this is the ipad charger with the detachable 3 pin adapter

https://istorm.com.cy/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter-uk.html

thank you

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 8:53 PM

A 12W iPad power adapter will not provide sufficient power for your MacBook Air. So it probably will not work, but attempting to use it won't damage anything.

Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support

Other than that, all you need to use a North American style power adapter is a commonly available "plug adapter" sold in convenience stores. The detachable 3 pin adapter you describe can be used.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2022 8:53 PM in response to Giorgoskit

A 12W iPad power adapter will not provide sufficient power for your MacBook Air. So it probably will not work, but attempting to use it won't damage anything.

Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support

Other than that, all you need to use a North American style power adapter is a commonly available "plug adapter" sold in convenience stores. The detachable 3 pin adapter you describe can be used.

Dec 21, 2022 4:51 AM in response to Giorgoskit

I understand completely. Yes you can use the wall adapter; it's just that an iPad's 12W power adapter may not provide sufficient power to charge the Mac.

Apple calls it a "duckhead" but in my opinion only the North American version bears any resemblance to a duck's head:

Using Apple power adapters, cables, and duckheads with Apple products - Apple Support

US MACBOOK AIR CHARGER IPAD ADAPTER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.