You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac will not connect to HP printer

How can I get my Imac to use wi-fi to connect to my HP printer?

I am using Mac OS Ventura 13.1. Printer is HP ENVY 6452e

I have followed instructions: Safari>File > Print, click the Printer pop-up menu, choose Nearby Printers or Printers & Scanners settings, then choose your printer

Spinning circle appears and then a window that says:

“An error occurred while trying to add the selected printer.”

The printer will print for my iPhone and my Windows computer, but not my imac.  The printer use to work with my imac but quit about four days ago.

iMac

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 6:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 2:20 PM

Hi,

HP's basic instructions can be found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/printer-setup/hp-envy-6400e-all-in-one-printer-series/2100178605/model/2100187518

An HP ENVY Pro 6452 All-In-One Printer (Pro and without an e) is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support. The e models usually need an HP Smart app (for Desktop or possibly iOS/iPadOS) for setup.

The printer and the Mac must be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). Check the Wi-Fi settings. If there is a problem for the Mac to recognise the printer, you could try the following procedure (in this order, with these waiting times): Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

See also:

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2022 2:20 PM in response to Don Cook Jackson Mo

Hi,

HP's basic instructions can be found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/printer-setup/hp-envy-6400e-all-in-one-printer-series/2100178605/model/2100187518

An HP ENVY Pro 6452 All-In-One Printer (Pro and without an e) is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support. The e models usually need an HP Smart app (for Desktop or possibly iOS/iPadOS) for setup.

The printer and the Mac must be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). Check the Wi-Fi settings. If there is a problem for the Mac to recognise the printer, you could try the following procedure (in this order, with these waiting times): Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

See also:

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

iMac will not connect to HP printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.