You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the problem on external SSD slow write speed on iMac 2019

I bought a owc envoy pro sx that is 2800mb/s read and write speed.

I m using this OWC envoy pro sx for my iMac 2019 boot drive.

That only around 1300MB/s write speed but over 2000MB/s read speed on iMac2019.(using TB3 cable)

I test the same external ssd to my 2021 macbook pro that show the around 1800MB/s write speed.(using TB3 cable)

Anyone know what is the problem that limited the write speed?

iMac 27″

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 8:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 11:17 PM

Hello!

Try to use the First Aid feature of Disk Utility to find and repair disk errors: How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support.

Also, try to connect the OWC Envoy Pro SX to a different Thunderbolt port on your Mac and test.

If the issue persists, I'd recommend you contact OWC support: Customer Support - OWC.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2022 11:17 PM in response to SRRRay

Hello!

Try to use the First Aid feature of Disk Utility to find and repair disk errors: How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support.

Also, try to connect the OWC Envoy Pro SX to a different Thunderbolt port on your Mac and test.

If the issue persists, I'd recommend you contact OWC support: Customer Support - OWC.

Jack

I have the problem on external SSD slow write speed on iMac 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.