You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 4k 60 fps feels so unsmooth

Iphone 13 4k 60 fps video feels laggy

and my old iphone 8 4k 60 fps feels so smooth compared to iphone 13. I have tried changing the camera settings but nothing changes. what can i do to get a better 4k recording back?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 10:13 AM

1 reply

Dec 24, 2022 8:20 AM in response to lassi290

Hey lassi290,

We'd recommend reviewing the information in this article as it provides information on recording 4k video: Record HD or 4K video with your iPhone or iPad

Depending on your iPhone or iPad model, you can record video in high-quality formats, like HD, 4K, HD (PAL), and 4K (PAL).

To change the video format and frame rate:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap Camera, then tap Record Video.
3. Select from the list of video formats and frame rates that your iPhone or iPad supports. 

On iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and later, you can also tap the quick toggles in the top-right corner of your screen to change the video format and frame rates.

PAL is a television video format used in many countries and regions in Europe, Africa, Asia, and South America. PAL formats are available with iOS 14.2.

When you open the Camera and select Video, the format that you chose (for example, "4K • 60") appears at the top of the screen.

Also, take a look at this page, as magnetic accessories can cause camera issues. If you have a case, remove it and test, just to be certain.

Magnetic accessories might interfere with iPhone cameras

If still not working as expected, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support here: Get Support

Thanks!

Iphone 13 4k 60 fps feels so unsmooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.