You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password is slow to open a website on Safari

Password slow to open website

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 8:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 11:43 AM

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I did run disk utility, as I have done in the past, and everything checks out fine. The other day I also ran EtreCheck and nothing negative came up. I agree Safari is a problem app and always has been off and on. You would think Apple could get it right when other browsers work fine. But then Apple didn't have iTunes right for years. It's just strange outsiders can often do better than the insiders. I'll stick with Brave. It's faster and works with 1Password every time.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2022 11:43 AM in response to Ronasara

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I did run disk utility, as I have done in the past, and everything checks out fine. The other day I also ran EtreCheck and nothing negative came up. I agree Safari is a problem app and always has been off and on. You would think Apple could get it right when other browsers work fine. But then Apple didn't have iTunes right for years. It's just strange outsiders can often do better than the insiders. I'll stick with Brave. It's faster and works with 1Password every time.

Dec 23, 2022 9:44 AM in response to Ronasara

Yes, on all websites. I believe the problem is with 1Password. I've tried all their workarounds and they believe the problem is with Apple. Much of the time Safari will not open a site at all. If I quit Safari, then it may work for a short while. I now use Brave and Chrome. Both of them work fine with 1Password. Neither of them are slow nor fail to open a web page.

Dec 23, 2022 9:55 AM in response to fhphotog

Here is one thing that may help. Restart the computer in the Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift key on restart. Be patient as the restart may take up to 10 minutes while the operating system repairs itself and cleans its caches. Then see what happens. Next, restart normally and test again. you can also open Disk Utility and run its Repair function. If it completes and still says there is a disk error, you may have to rerun it several times to get an ok indication.

Password is slow to open a website on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.