You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 14 Pro Playing Videos at Full Volume When Muted.

To clarify, not only is my 14 Pro set to silent using the side switch, but I’ve also lowered the volume on the speakers to absolute 0.

Sometimes when playing videos from the web, twitter, YouTube, etc the video’s sound will begin playing at FULL BLAST from the phone’s speakers. Sometimes it goes back to mute a second later, but sometimes I have to close the app and re-open it to fix it.

I would very much like not to be occasionally jump scared by my phone, and I hate being that guy with his speakers on full blast on the plane >:(

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 7:59 AM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2022 2:11 PM in response to CDDev

Hey there CDDev,

Let's work together to get your iPhone speaker to work as intended. We'd like to start with confirming more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. When did this start to occur?
  2. Is there a case/covering on your iPhone which may be unintentionally adjusting the volume? If you're unsure, we recommend testing for the same issue with no coverings on the volume buttons.
  3. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone
  4. We see you have iOS 16 installed, but the latest version is iOS 16.2. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update your iPhone or iPad.
  5. We also recommend making sure that all apps are up to date: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Cheers!

IPhone 14 Pro Playing Videos at Full Volume When Muted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.