You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s - two factor authentication doesn't work

Hey,

I have an old IPhone 4S that i'm attempting to revive and when I try to enter my Apple ID password which is correct I'm unable to complete the process.

1) I entered the Apple ID password on my iphone 4s

2) I get the dialog on another trusted apple device that a login attempt was made.

3) I authorize the login attempt on my trusted device and it tells me to enter the 2 factor authentication 6 digit passcode.

4) I get an Invalid user/password error on the iphone with no possibility to enter the 6 digit passcode

Is there anyway out of this ? If I can't resolve that I'll be forced to throw this phone 4s to the garbage.

iPhone 4S (8GB)

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 8:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 8:27 AM

On older devices in step 4 of your post you need to enter both the password and the two-factor code in the password field.For example if the password is "password" and the code is "123456" then enter password123456.

Similar questions

1 reply

iphone 4s - two factor authentication doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.