You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change a parent account to a child account without creating a new one?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 6:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 7:07 PM

Click on the link to read how to 'Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID' - Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Since a child account is normally created under the auspices of Family Sharing you may need to start a Family group first and then have the child join the group. I am not sure that has to be done that way but if you have problems not doing that first then that might explain the problem. Either that or you might get a message about a child needing to be in a family group once you change the age.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2022 7:07 PM in response to PrettyGamer

Click on the link to read how to 'Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID' - Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Since a child account is normally created under the auspices of Family Sharing you may need to start a Family group first and then have the child join the group. I am not sure that has to be done that way but if you have problems not doing that first then that might explain the problem. Either that or you might get a message about a child needing to be in a family group once you change the age.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.