You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to run apps not released by apple in ventura?

I have run Intel Power Gadget on previous MACOS versions but I cannot load it in Ventura.

The help pages for Privacy and Security do not match what Apple support says.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 8:25 PM

2 replies

Dec 24, 2022 9:43 PM in response to bholtzkener

Hi bholtzkener,

If your Mac has an Apple silicon chip (M1 or newer), the Intel Power Gadget app is irrelevant on your Mac. This is because it's designed to monitor Intel CPUs, and your Mac doesn't have one. (Its CPU is designed by Apple and is part of the system chip, or SoC.)

If you do have an Intel-based Mac, follow these steps in macOS Ventura to grant the permissions requested by the app:

1. Open System Settings.
  2. Select Privacy & Security in the sidebar.
  3. Check near the bottom on that page for a message mentioning either system extensions or kernel extensions. There should be a way to add or enable system extensions, which will require your admin password and a restart.

NOTE: The restart must be done from within System Settings on that page. Otherwise, the kernel extension from Intel Power Gadget will not be authorized to run.

EDIT: Intel's help page for this app: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/power-gadget.html

Dec 25, 2022 5:44 AM in response to bholtzkener

Thank you Encryptor5000.

Your advice solved my problem. I uninstalled my original app from intel and re installed it. I then was shown a list of apps that needed "attention". Intel Power Graphic was in that list. I selected it and rebooted.

For some reason I was unable to find the IPG when I looked for it. Indeed the current version is different and did load.

Thanks again

Barry

How to run apps not released by apple in ventura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.