You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover my account on iPad no password

I need to recover my account without my password or two-step verification.

Have a different ID with password but my iPad is stuck on the old ID and a no longer existing phone number.

Is there a way I can prove I am the original owner of the ID.

Thank you.

I have a recovery key if that helps.

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 1:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 5:16 AM

When you set up an account to use a recovery key you lose the ability to use account recovery by Apple. Your only way to recover the account is to use the process set up for whichever kind of account security you are using. Two-step is an older method and two-factor is the current method. I'll include documents describing the usage of both kinds since often people confuse the two.

two-factor authentication

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

Section on "Use a recovery key"

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 25, 2022 5:16 AM in response to Biggestguy

When you set up an account to use a recovery key you lose the ability to use account recovery by Apple. Your only way to recover the account is to use the process set up for whichever kind of account security you are using. Two-step is an older method and two-factor is the current method. I'll include documents describing the usage of both kinds since often people confuse the two.

two-factor authentication

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

Section on "Use a recovery key"

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

Dec 25, 2022 2:36 PM in response to Biggestguy

Thank you for your prompt reply Limnos.

I have been trying to send a further comment for 12 hours but my reply will not post for some reason. This is my sixth attempt.

I have made some progress in as much as I have now managed to login with my traditional Apple ID and I have most data now in the iPad.

Several things are still not operating to my liking but I shall persevere put my hand up again if I require more assistance.

Thank you again.

Recover my account on iPad no password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.