You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing issue

Hi all, I’ve set up a family account and added my child to it. However, all my messages and pictures are showing up on their iPhone and when someone calls me via WiFi, it calls my child’s phone too? How do I stop this from happening? Thanks

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 1:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 10:06 AM

Go to Settings > Messages and see if there's another Apple ID set up there. That wouldn't explain photos automatically appearing unless your connecting to a shared photo folder.

Family Sharing of Photos - "When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added."

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2022 10:06 AM in response to Volkswagenlover69

Go to Settings > Messages and see if there's another Apple ID set up there. That wouldn't explain photos automatically appearing unless your connecting to a shared photo folder.

Family Sharing of Photos - "When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added."

Dec 27, 2022 7:18 AM in response to Volkswagenlover69

Most commonly this happens when two people are sharing an Apple ID. You said "family account" which says to me that you may have set up a single account for family use. Set up an ID for your child. Read this document and the suggestions in it for ways to control what the child can do with their account: Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

This is assuming your child is not a 30 year old daughter or son. If the child is an adult, read this one: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Dec 27, 2022 7:43 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks for your response. Sorry, I meant the family sharing. We have set up a new Apple ID for her when we set up the phone as it asked us too. It then said about the family sharing etc because she is a child it helps us monitor etc etc. However, messages from the parent are still going through onto the child’s phone and im not sure how to stop this happening?

Family sharing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.