You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech MX Anywhere 2S & MX Keys stop working when connecting external HDD

Hi everyone,

I have a Logitech MX Anywhere 2S wireless mouse & MX Keys wireless keyboard which I connect to my Mac mini using their USB Unified Dongle. For some reason, whenever I plug in my external HDD, the mouse stops working and shows as inactive in the Logi Options+ app. Keyboard shows similar behaviour. If I connect a different wireless mouse using its own usb dongle, it works but it's very laggy. Everything goes back to normal when I disconnect my external HDD. I've tried all the USB ports on my Mac mini but still getting the same issue. External HDD is a 2.5'' one, USB powered. Using exactly the same setup with a Windows laptop, no issues there. I don't have another Mac device to test this unfortunately.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? I've got a Mac mini late 2014 with Mac OS Monterey 12.6.2 installed.

Thanks!

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 12:43 PM

Sounds like high speed USB cable interference to me.

see > Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

1) try using a better shielded cable between the Mac mini and external drive.

2) get a short USB extension cable to plug the unified receiver dongle into.

Similar questions

1 reply

Logitech MX Anywhere 2S & MX Keys stop working when connecting external HDD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.