You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 16.2 update messed up my calendar

IOS update 16.2 removed events from my calendar. I tried to restore from back up from iCloud but events still don't appear. Reminders are still popping up. My calendar no longer. All dates have dots that usually indicate there are events on that date when there actually aren't any events. The calendar on my iPad was not affected by the update. Any suggestions how I can restore my calendar to the same set up and events prior to the update installation?

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 1:52 PM

9 replies

Dec 27, 2022 2:15 PM in response to Whit's Mom

Whit's Mom wrote:

I'm referring to the calendar app that's preinstalled on the iPhone (which backs up to icloud).

Be very careful.

• iCloud may be used to house calendars. iCloud backups do not contain calendars. Backup methods for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  • Yes, I assume any and all calendars are accessed using the Calendar app.
  • Again, the question is where the calendar is housed.
  • Presumably your other calendars are also accessed via the Calendar app.

Dec 27, 2022 3:30 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Ok. I had the default calendar set to the calendar app. I've never linked the app to any of my other calendars. Who knew? (I certainly didn't.) I also found after the update that one of my appointments showed as an all-day event, scheduled every day. I deleted that appointment which resolved the issue of dots appearing on all days. I am not joined at the hip with my iPhone and my use is very basic for the most part, but I am slowly learning to utilize more features and educating myself with iPhone's many capabilities. Your advice was very helpful. I think I'm all set. Happy New Year!

IOS 16.2 update messed up my calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.