You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID on IPhone 11

So I just got a new iPhone 11, and it’s really great! I was just setting it up and I realized that I didn’t have Face ID set up! So I went to settings and looked… but there was no heading titled “Face ID and passcode”. So now I can’t change my passcode or set up my Face ID. Can someone help?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 6:39 PM

Hey Mel1356,

We'd be happy to help out if you're not seeing the option to change your passcode or set up Face ID. More often than not, this is due to restrictions set up on the device under Screen Time. If you don't need restrictions or didn't intend on having them set up on this device, we'd suggest turning them off.

Turn off Screen Time

1. Go to Settings > Screen Time.
  2. Scroll down and tap on Turn Off Screen Time
  3. Tap on Turn Off Screen Time again

Test things out afterward, and keep us posted on the results.

For more info on Screen Time restrictions, check out: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2022 6:39 PM in response to Mel1356

Hey Mel1356,

We'd be happy to help out if you're not seeing the option to change your passcode or set up Face ID. More often than not, this is due to restrictions set up on the device under Screen Time. If you don't need restrictions or didn't intend on having them set up on this device, we'd suggest turning them off.

Turn off Screen Time

1. Go to Settings > Screen Time.
  2. Scroll down and tap on Turn Off Screen Time
  3. Tap on Turn Off Screen Time again

Test things out afterward, and keep us posted on the results.

For more info on Screen Time restrictions, check out: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Face ID on IPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.