You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail sync macbook to ios only in one direction

Greetings - I have a MacBook running Big Sur 11.6.8. All fine until I upgraded iOS devices to 16.2. I have 2 email accounts - one icloud, one Exchange/Outlook. The icloud account is working as before update - in other words, perfectly. For Exchange account, now mail only syncs in one direction. More specifically, a new email appears on both devices but if I read on MacBook, it doesn't show read on phone. If I read on phone, it does show read on Mac. If I delete on Mac, it doesn't delete on phone, etc. Mac email now shows Moving Messages that never change and these are messages I read, moved to Trash then deleted but that didn't sync actions with phone. How do I address this, please? Tried everything in my wheelhouse. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:43 PM

Sorry but I'm unable to delete this. It was a Microsoft issue now resolved.

1 reply

mail sync macbook to ios only in one direction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.