You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning Bolt or Plug icon appearing on the battery symbol even when the laptop is not plugged

I have a macbook pro 13 inch 2020 that is not plugged but it shows the lightning bolt symbol or/and the plug icon on the battery symbol.

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 9:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 9:22 AM

ashleiii34 wrote:

I have a macbook pro 13 inch 2020 that is not plugged but it shows the lightning bolt symbol or/and the plug icon on the battery symbol.

What is the Condition of the Battery...?

On an Intel Mac—Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

On a M1/M2 Mac — Try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2022 9:22 AM in response to ashleiii34

ashleiii34 wrote:

What is the Condition of the Battery...?

On an Intel Mac—Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

On a M1/M2 Mac — Try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Lightning Bolt or Plug icon appearing on the battery symbol even when the laptop is not plugged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.