You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife forgot her password on her iPod and now cannot use it. Can I reset it from scratch. It say she needs to remove the find my phone setting on her I phone. But I can’t find that setting on her phone

My wife forgot her password on her iPod and now cannot use it. Can I reset it from scratch. It say she needs to remove the find my phone setting on her I phone. But I can’t find that setting on her phone

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 1:34 PM

She'll have to log into her iCloud account on the web and then disable the Activation Lock for the iPod.

Check this article:

1. Go to www.iCloud.com/find.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  3. At the top, click All Devices.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. Click Remove from Account.

copied from: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If this is about the Lock Screen Password, and she knows the Apple ID and Apple ID password, follow the steps in this article:

If you forgot your iPod touch passcode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2022 1:34 PM in response to DonaldJB4

She'll have to log into her iCloud account on the web and then disable the Activation Lock for the iPod.

Check this article:

1. Go to www.iCloud.com/find.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  3. At the top, click All Devices.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. Click Remove from Account.

copied from: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If this is about the Lock Screen Password, and she knows the Apple ID and Apple ID password, follow the steps in this article:

If you forgot your iPod touch passcode - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.