You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail

My old gmail won't load on my new MacBook Air even when I follow guidance to load it. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 8:46 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble loading your Gmail account on your new MacBook Air. Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your MacBook is connected to the internet and that you have a stable internet connection. You can try connecting to a different network or resetting your router to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Check your Gmail login credentials: Make sure that you are entering the correct email address and password for your Gmail account. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by going to the Gmail login page and clicking on the "Forgot password?" link.
  3. Clear your browser's cache and cookies: Sometimes, issues with loading websites can be caused by a cluttered browser cache. To clear the cache and cookies in your browser, follow these steps:
  • Open your browser and go to the "Preferences" or "Settings" menu.
  • Select the "Privacy" or "Security" tab.
  • Click on the "Clear browsing data" or "Clear cache and cookies" button.
  • Choose the appropriate options and click on the "Clear" button.
  1. Disable any extensions or plugins: If you have any extensions or plugins installed in your browser, they could be causing problems with loading Gmail. Try disabling or removing any extensions or plugins that you are not using and see if that resolves the issue.

I hope these tips help! If you continue to have trouble loading Gmail on your MacBook Air, you may want to try contacting Google or Apple for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2023 8:46 AM in response to Buddha757

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble loading your Gmail account on your new MacBook Air. Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your MacBook is connected to the internet and that you have a stable internet connection. You can try connecting to a different network or resetting your router to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Check your Gmail login credentials: Make sure that you are entering the correct email address and password for your Gmail account. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by going to the Gmail login page and clicking on the "Forgot password?" link.
  3. Clear your browser's cache and cookies: Sometimes, issues with loading websites can be caused by a cluttered browser cache. To clear the cache and cookies in your browser, follow these steps:
  • Open your browser and go to the "Preferences" or "Settings" menu.
  • Select the "Privacy" or "Security" tab.
  • Click on the "Clear browsing data" or "Clear cache and cookies" button.
  • Choose the appropriate options and click on the "Clear" button.
  1. Disable any extensions or plugins: If you have any extensions or plugins installed in your browser, they could be causing problems with loading Gmail. Try disabling or removing any extensions or plugins that you are not using and see if that resolves the issue.

I hope these tips help! If you continue to have trouble loading Gmail on your MacBook Air, you may want to try contacting Google or Apple for further assistance.

Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.