You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit slow - will a new AppleTV help?

We outfitted our house to work with HomeKit (mainly using Meross hardware). It works, sort of. Sometimes I'll see No Response - but tapping on the device icon it will respond. Sometimes the device will work just fine. Some devices respond much faster than others. Sometimes Home says that a device is on when it's off, and vice-versa. Sometimes it says a device is updating. Sometimes a device will turn on almost instantaneously, and then when I tap it again to turn it off it takes 30s to a minute. Basically, the performance is highly unpredictable, except in the sense that it's always disappointing.

I have an AppleTV HD from 2015. It works fine for my streaming needs, but I'm wondering if that's the issue, that the 50 or so devices we have are overwhelming it. I have a second AppleTV set as a standby...

I believe our network should be fast enough - we've got Obris and satellites, and it's not a particularly large house.

The fact that I don't even see Home or HomeKit listed as a topic I can tag for this post makes me wonder if Apple really is supporting HomeKit wholeheartedly or is it just a hobby project ...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 5:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 5:49 AM

Michael Rogers4 wrote:

We outfitted our house to work with HomeKit (mainly using Meross hardware). It works, sort of. Sometimes I'll see No Response - but tapping on the device icon it will respond. Sometimes the device will work just fine. Some devices respond much faster than others. Sometimes Home says that a device is on when it's off, and vice-versa. Sometimes it says a device is updating. Sometimes a device will turn on almost instantaneously, and then when I tap it again to turn it off it takes 30s to a minute. Basically, the performance is highly unpredictable, except in the sense that it's always disappointing.

I have an AppleTV HD from 2015. It works fine for my streaming needs, but I'm wondering if that's the issue, that the 50 or so devices we have are overwhelming it. I have a second AppleTV set as a standby...

I believe our network should be fast enough - we've got Obris and satellites, and it's not a particularly large house.

The fact that I don't even see Home or HomeKit listed as a topic I can tag for this post makes me wonder if Apple really is supporting HomeKit wholeheartedly or is it just a hobby project ...

see if there is anything here—

Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support

If no insight or resolve—Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2023 5:49 AM in response to Michael Rogers4

Michael Rogers4 wrote:

see if there is anything here—

Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support

If no insight or resolve—Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

HomeKit slow - will a new AppleTV help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.