You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro M2 Photo Library Not saving photos from Photostream even though Photostream is working?

Just noticed that whilst the photo stream is working between my iPhone and iPad (ie photos from iPhone are appearing in the photo stream on the iPad) for some reason the photos are not being saved into the photos library on my iPad Pro M2. It was working properly up to 12th December, but no photos have appeared in the library since then.

In addition there is no "Hidden" folder even though it is turned on in settings - it simply is not there under utilities or anywhere else.

If I click a recent photo in photo stream and then “show in all photos” it takes me to the library but the photo isn’t there.

There is plenty of storage left on my iPad.

I’ve tried restarting the iPad.

I've tried resetting the iPad settings, neither have made a difference.

If I take a photo with the iPad camera directly it DOES show in the library, its only photos from the Photostream that are not being saved (or show) in the library, although they CAN be seen in the iPad Photostream.

I don’t use the iCloud for storage of photos, just photo stream.

I’m on iPad OS 16.2, M2 iPad Pro. 

Anything obvious I can do please or something I’m missing or is this going to need a full reset of the iPad and start with a fresh install?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 7:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 7:59 AM

You appear to have resolved the first element of your query. As such, I’ll answer the supplementary question concerning your hidden photos folder/album…

For the hidden folder/album to be visible, you must first enable the hidden album in iPad settings:

Settings > Photos > Show Hidden Album - set to ON

Having enabled the album, for the album itself to be accessible, you must now assign at least one photo to the hidden album…

From your Photo Library, identify a photo that you intend to hide. Tap the Select button at top-right of the Photo App window - and individually select the photo(s) that you wish to add to the Hidden album. When you’ve selected the images that you wish to hide, tap the ellipsis button (…) at bottom right of the screen. A menu will appear; tap Hide.

Having initially added photos to your Hidden photo album, this album can be directly accessed from the Photos sidebar.

Additional description of using this feature can be found here:

Hide photos on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2023 7:59 AM in response to Steveatesh

You appear to have resolved the first element of your query. As such, I’ll answer the supplementary question concerning your hidden photos folder/album…

For the hidden folder/album to be visible, you must first enable the hidden album in iPad settings:

Settings > Photos > Show Hidden Album - set to ON

Having enabled the album, for the album itself to be accessible, you must now assign at least one photo to the hidden album…

From your Photo Library, identify a photo that you intend to hide. Tap the Select button at top-right of the Photo App window - and individually select the photo(s) that you wish to add to the Hidden album. When you’ve selected the images that you wish to hide, tap the ellipsis button (…) at bottom right of the screen. A menu will appear; tap Hide.

Having initially added photos to your Hidden photo album, this album can be directly accessed from the Photos sidebar.

Additional description of using this feature can be found here:

Hide photos on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac - Apple Support

iPad Pro M2 Photo Library Not saving photos from Photostream even though Photostream is working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.