You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook screen showed bars and then will not start

I was on my 6 month old MacBook Pro, the screen started glitching and showing bars across the screen. I then shut it down to restart and now it won’t start up again. I have physically damaged it so what category would I put it under when making an appointment??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 9:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 9:57 AM

Katyward wrote:

I was on my 6 month old MacBook Pro, the screen started glitching and showing bars across the screen. I then shut it down to restart and now it won’t start up again. I have physically damaged it so what category would I put it under when making an appointment??

Hardware issue

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

You can call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2023 9:57 AM in response to Katyward

Katyward wrote:

Hardware issue

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

You can call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

my macbook screen showed bars and then will not start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.