You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro purchase older version

Hi hope you can help.

I'm running Big Sur, I want to buy Logic Pro but App Store says I need to update to OS 12.3 or later.

I dont want to update OS at this point.

Is it possible I buy Logic Pro from App Store and then go into my history and access the version of Logic Pro compatible with Big Sur?

Any help appreciated.

iMac

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 12:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 6:42 AM

Hello and welcome to the community 🤗

Like I say if your Mac is not compatible with Ventura you can buy a new one but I think your Mac is compatible beacause you say that you don’t want to update your Mac to Ventura.

Update your Mac

Update your Mac to macOS Ventura (13.2.1) is not a problem your Mac won’t be more slow or else. But please don’t update your Mac to Ventura and after downgrade to Big Sur this will maybe cause problems (This will not Work)

Why update to Ventura

• If you update your Mac to macOS Ventura you will have :

• The new features of macOS Monterey

• The new features of macOS Ventura

• A mac more faster.

• A Logic Pro compatibility and other apps like iWork.

If you want to update your Mac to macOS Monterey

If you don’t want to update your Mac

• You can have an older version of Logic Pro compatible with Big Sur but for this you need another Mac compatible with Logic Pro.

1 : made sure that the Oder Mac has a compatible version of macOS with Logic Pro

2 : Connect you to the App Store with the Same Apple ID that your first Mac.

3 : Purchase Logic pro

4 : Go to the App Store on your first Mac

5 : touch your Apple ID

6 : You will be able to see your purchases so please download Logic pro from there

Note : You will don’t have the last version of Logic pro if you use this method.

For more help or questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2023 6:42 AM in response to AanoNin

Like I say if your Mac is not compatible with Ventura you can buy a new one but I think your Mac is compatible beacause you say that you don’t want to update your Mac to Ventura.

Update your Mac

Update your Mac to macOS Ventura (13.2.1) is not a problem your Mac won’t be more slow or else. But please don’t update your Mac to Ventura and after downgrade to Big Sur this will maybe cause problems (This will not Work)

Why update to Ventura

• If you update your Mac to macOS Ventura you will have :

• The new features of macOS Monterey

• The new features of macOS Ventura

• A mac more faster.

• A Logic Pro compatibility and other apps like iWork.

If you want to update your Mac to macOS Monterey

If you don’t want to update your Mac

• You can have an older version of Logic Pro compatible with Big Sur but for this you need another Mac compatible with Logic Pro.

1 : made sure that the Oder Mac has a compatible version of macOS with Logic Pro

2 : Connect you to the App Store with the Same Apple ID that your first Mac.

3 : Purchase Logic pro

4 : Go to the App Store on your first Mac

5 : touch your Apple ID

6 : You will be able to see your purchases so please download Logic pro from there

Note : You will don’t have the last version of Logic pro if you use this method.

Jan 3, 2023 10:37 AM in response to Logic_Pro_older_version

I am not sure that you can do that beacause I think you can’t buy the app if you not have macOS Monterey or later.

Also If you can’t support macOS Monterey your Mac is maybe to old to support Logic Pro. (I want to say the app will be maybe slow)

Solution :

• You can buy a new Mac and after buy Logic Pro.

Feb 15, 2023 6:54 PM in response to Logic_Pro_older_version

I am trying to do the exact same thing. I also have Big Sur and I do not want to upgrade to Ventura but I want to buy Logic Pro. So far I can't find a way to do it. I am thinking I may have to update to Ventura, purchase the Logic Pro and then downgrade the OS back to Big Sur and hopefully then the Logic Pro will run on the last version. This is a real pain in the ...!!

Feb 15, 2023 8:52 PM in response to Logic_Pro_older_version

Hi, In the end, I couldn't do it without updating OS.

But I only had to upgrade to Monterey . Didn't want to go straight to Ventura yet.

First you need to google OS Monterey- takes you to an apple page which directs you to Monterey on App store.

Once I installed latest version of Monterey I could then get Logic Pro from App store as it was still compatible with Monterey.

Hope it helps.

Logic Pro purchase older version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.