You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini M1 audio output is unreliable

My Mac mini M1 audio output is unreliable. Sometimes it works with speaker or headphones, sometimes it doesn’t. I needed up buying a usb to 3.5 Jack adapter as a work around.Anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 7:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 8:46 AM

Not all 3.5mm jacks are made to the exact diameter or length, some fit the Headphone port better that others. Plus excessive plugging/unplugging can ware out or damage the headphone port.

I'm also a firm believer in using a corded headphone adapter for easy access and to prevent excess ware n tare on the Mac's Headphone port.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2023 8:46 AM in response to mbellows

Not all 3.5mm jacks are made to the exact diameter or length, some fit the Headphone port better that others. Plus excessive plugging/unplugging can ware out or damage the headphone port.

I'm also a firm believer in using a corded headphone adapter for easy access and to prevent excess ware n tare on the Mac's Headphone port.

Mac mini M1 audio output is unreliable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.