You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my iMac Keychain to autosave my passwords

I mainly use 1Password as my password manager but also have Safari save passwords for ease of use, if it's not one of those 'essential' accounts [where I have 2FA] - I cleaned out my passwords from Safari because I wanted to renew them as I went along with online access this year, sort of a refresh. But now when I go to access a website and use my 1Password the Safari/iCloud password saver is not working, the accessed password is not saved in my Keychain/iCloud -- How do I turn that on again? I have iCloud Keychain turned on my iMac and also iPhone but I'm at my iMac now and no saving is going on.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 7:49 AM

In Safari >> Preferences and refer to image below and make sure " User Names and Passwords " it ticked / enabled

Similar questions

1 reply

How can I get my iMac Keychain to autosave my passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.