You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder does not open files

have a M1 Max MacBook Pro 16 inch 2021- running Ventura (13.0).

Quite frequently, like several times a day, finder stops being able to open files. I double click on a file and nothing happens. I right click on the file, get "open with" choose a program, nothing. Nothing helps.

If I force relaunch Finder, it begins to work again. Works for a while, but if I open a lot of files this way, it eventually fails. Every file can be opened by the appropriate program, either by "file / open" or by dragging and dropping. But double clicking in Finder does nothing.

I have no strange 3rd party software installed

What is the problem ...... ?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 4:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 5:01 AM

Rutger Nuyts wrote:

Quite frequently, like several times a day, finder stops being able to open files.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1 - I would start there.

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2023 5:01 AM in response to Rutger Nuyts

Rutger Nuyts wrote:

Quite frequently, like several times a day, finder stops being able to open files.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1 - I would start there.

Finder does not open files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.