You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swiping up from Home Screen to get to apps but all is burry

When I swipe up from my Home Screen the screen goes blurred so I can’t tap on apps. I can vaguely see them in background

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 7:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 4:23 PM

Good day to you Dentistmoira, 

Let’s work through some troubleshooting and isolating steps to get started. 

If you haven’t already, a restart of your iPhone can help when something is supposed to launch that isn’t launching such as Multitasking/App Switcher, Notification Center, etc. This article breaks the restart process down by iPhone model - Restart your iPhone

How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Be sure your device is running the latest operating system available for it - Update your iPhone or iPad

Can you tell us what you’re expecting to see when swiping up? A lot of times it’s the App Switcher. 

Thanks. 

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 7, 2023 4:23 PM in response to Dentistmoira

Good day to you Dentistmoira, 

Let’s work through some troubleshooting and isolating steps to get started. 

If you haven’t already, a restart of your iPhone can help when something is supposed to launch that isn’t launching such as Multitasking/App Switcher, Notification Center, etc. This article breaks the restart process down by iPhone model - Restart your iPhone

How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Be sure your device is running the latest operating system available for it - Update your iPhone or iPad

Can you tell us what you’re expecting to see when swiping up? A lot of times it’s the App Switcher. 

Thanks. 

Swiping up from Home Screen to get to apps but all is burry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.