You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the order of the clock in the clock widget?

At some point in the past, I added a clock widget to the dialog thing that appears when I click the date on the top right of the screen. I added a clock for four different locations. However, I just noticed that they are in the wrong order - I want them to be in east to west order. So, I clicked 'edit widget', and was presented with a way to edit the widgets - but it seemed it was more to do with editing which widgets are displayed, rather than configure specific widgets. So, I clicked away to get rid of that, and now when I click the date on the top right and then 'edit widgets', nothing happens. In fact, I can't even clear the notifications that are displayed there (normally, I'd have to move my cursor to make 'x' or 'clear all' appear, but nothing happens now.

So, I guess two problems - how to get the interaction on the notifications(?) dialog back, and how to change the order of the clocks in the clock widget?

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 4:51 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 6, 2023 4:51 AM in response to maxwaterman

maxwaterman wrote:

At some point in the past, I added a clock widget to the dialog thing that appears when I click the date on the top right of the screen. I added a clock for four different locations. However, I just noticed that they are in the wrong order - I want them to be in east to west order. So, I clicked 'edit widget', and was presented with a way to edit the widgets - but it seemed it was more to do with editing which widgets are displayed, rather than configure specific widgets. So, I clicked away to get rid of that, and now when I click the date on the top right and then 'edit widgets', nothing happens. In fact, I can't even clear the notifications that are displayed there (normally, I'd have to move my cursor to make 'x' or 'clear all' appear, but nothing happens now.

So, I guess two problems - how to get the interaction on the notifications(?) dialog back, and how to change the order of the clocks in the clock widget?

See if there is any thing here—

Change Date & Time settings on Mac - Apple Support

Options are limited in widgets...

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Jan 8, 2023 11:51 PM in response to dialabrain

@dialabrain

Thanks, that is useful.

I think my problem was caused by a system update...the old widget just caused the 'edit widgets' screen to hang, and that caused other sorts of nastiness that could only be fixed by logging out and back in again.

I ended up removing the widget and adding it again, and now it all works.

When I first read your suggestion, I didn't know where your screen shot was from. I opened the 'clock' app and could change the order there, but it didn't look like your screenshot. Eventually, I found it on the 'right mouse button' menu...and it is as you say. I can't remember if I saw that menu before or not....Apple seem to like hiding menus and other UI components, so I often find that something appears when I move the mouse or something - drives me up the wall, tbh.

Anyway, I see what you describe, but I don't need it any more, but maybe next time.

Thanks!

How to change the order of the clock in the clock widget?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.