You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off Safari tab previews?

I cannot express how much I hate the Safari tab previews. I got the debug menu opened but I can't find where to turn off the tab previews in Ventura? It's no longer in the placed mentioned by the old posts here.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 5:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 4:10 PM

Are you a bot or just not interested in being helpful? This has nothing to do with my problem. I want the tab preview windows to go away. This option is not in the safari settings. Tab previews are awful, annoying, and completely unhelpful. I know what webpages look like, I don't need the preview, but I HAVE to move my mouse every time I switch to a new tab or else the preview appears and covers the website I'm currently looking at (this is most annoying when watching streams).

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2023 4:10 PM in response to justinb2603

Are you a bot or just not interested in being helpful? This has nothing to do with my problem. I want the tab preview windows to go away. This option is not in the safari settings. Tab previews are awful, annoying, and completely unhelpful. I know what webpages look like, I don't need the preview, but I HAVE to move my mouse every time I switch to a new tab or else the preview appears and covers the website I'm currently looking at (this is most annoying when watching streams).

Jan 8, 2023 1:11 PM in response to natedawggh

Hello natedawggh,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're experiencing issues on Safari. Let's try these steps and see if they are helpful in changing your settings.

Change Tabs settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

"Change Tabs settings in Safari on Mac

In the Safari app  on your Mac, use Tabs settings to choose how webpages, links, and tabs work in Safari windows.

To change these settings, choose Safari > Settings, then click Tabs.

Option

Description

Tab layout

Keep tabs in a separate tab bar, or move them into the toolbar.

Choose one of the following:

• Separate: Tabs remain in the tab bar, below the toolbar.
  • Compact: Tabs move up to the toolbar. The active tab is the Smart Search field.

Always show website titles in tabs

Show website titles, even when a window is narrow or has many tabs.

Deselect this option to hide website titles and show only an icon.

Open pages in tabs instead of windows

Choose one of the following:

• Never: Open webpages in windows.
  • Automatically: Open webpages in tabs unless a webpage is designed for a specially formatted window.
  • Always: Open webpages in tabs.

⌘-click opens a link in a new tab

Change what the listed shortcuts for opening links do.

When a new tab or window opens, make it active

Make new tabs or windows open in front of the one you’re currently viewing.

Use ⌘-1 through ⌘-9 to switch tabs

Use keyboard shortcuts to select one of the first nine tabs in the tab bar.

See also

Use tabs for webpages in Safari on Mac"

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

How to turn off Safari tab previews?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.