You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulties with Ask to Buy

I’m in an apple family and my parent has removed the ‘Ask to Buy’ feature for my purchases from her phone, however the feature has not turned off for me and whenever I try to download an app or buy something, I still get a message telling me to send a request to my parent. I am over the age of 13, I shouldn’t be restricted to keeping Ask to Buy. Any help or advice? This happens on both of my iOS devices.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 3:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 3:46 AM

Make sure the software is up to date on all devices involved.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If an app or feature on your device is not working or is restricted, it may have been disabled using Screen Time, or by an IT administrator if you are using a device owned by an employer or educational institution. See how to use Screen Time on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by clicking here --> Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

● Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

● Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support then choose your model.

iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Mac: Ways to start up your Mac - Apple Support

If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Some people have had the reverse issue with ATB notifications not showing up. In case your issue is related here's an undocumented possible solution mentioned by several people where editing the name of a device worked for them:

Settings > General > About > Name

Change the name

Then "Done" and retry.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2023 3:46 AM in response to Limnos

Make sure the software is up to date on all devices involved.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If an app or feature on your device is not working or is restricted, it may have been disabled using Screen Time, or by an IT administrator if you are using a device owned by an employer or educational institution. See how to use Screen Time on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by clicking here --> Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

● Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

● Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support then choose your model.

iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Mac: Ways to start up your Mac - Apple Support

If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Some people have had the reverse issue with ATB notifications not showing up. In case your issue is related here's an undocumented possible solution mentioned by several people where editing the name of a device worked for them:

Settings > General > About > Name

Change the name

Then "Done" and retry.

Difficulties with Ask to Buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.