You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting password password

I got my phone stolen in lisbon last week. I’ve got a new phone with my old number, but when I try to reset my Apple ID password it is telling me that it will send a code to that number in order to let me do it, but of course I don’t have access to my old phone or number. How do I reset my password without access to my old phone?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 11:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 2:37 PM

If you do not have access to your old phone or the phone number associated with your Apple ID, you will need to use another method to reset your Apple ID password. You can do this by going to the Apple ID account page and clicking the "Forgot Apple ID or password" link.

On the next page, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID. After entering your Apple ID, you will be given the option to reset your password using one of the following methods:

1. Answer security questions: If you have set up security questions for your Apple ID, you can use this option to reset your password by answering the questions.
  2. Email authentication: If you have an email address associated with your Apple ID, you can use this option to reset your password by receiving a verification code at that email address.
  3. Two-factor authentication: If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID, you can use this option to reset your password by receiving a verification code at a trusted device or phone number.

If you are unable to use any of the above methods to reset your password, you will need to contact Apple support for further assistance. You can do this by going to the Apple Support website and clicking the "Contact Us" button.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2023 2:37 PM in response to Carpo7__

If you do not have access to your old phone or the phone number associated with your Apple ID, you will need to use another method to reset your Apple ID password. You can do this by going to the Apple ID account page and clicking the "Forgot Apple ID or password" link.

On the next page, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID. After entering your Apple ID, you will be given the option to reset your password using one of the following methods:

1. Answer security questions: If you have set up security questions for your Apple ID, you can use this option to reset your password by answering the questions.
  2. Email authentication: If you have an email address associated with your Apple ID, you can use this option to reset your password by receiving a verification code at that email address.
  3. Two-factor authentication: If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID, you can use this option to reset your password by receiving a verification code at a trusted device or phone number.

If you are unable to use any of the above methods to reset your password, you will need to contact Apple support for further assistance. You can do this by going to the Apple Support website and clicking the "Contact Us" button.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jan 6, 2023 2:45 PM in response to Carpo7__

If you have 2 factor authentication enabled (and it sounds like you do), when you set it up you were strongly encouraged to add additional trusted devices and/or phone numbers. If you did when you are prompted for a code tap on “didn’t get code” and you will be given the chance of using another trusted device or number. If you don’t have any other trusted devices or numbers here is what you must do→How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support. Note that it takes a substantial amount of time that you have to wait when initiating account recovery.

Resetting password password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.