You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine onexternal hard drive does not include my mail

I accidentally deleted everything in my folders in my apple mail. I need those back,

there's nothing under users or library, or any applications, or anything that lists my mail.

. I have tried opening mail, clicking in box clicking on time machine icon on the menu bar. It doesn't say "enter time machine". It says "browse time machine back ups". I go to my last back up and there's nothing there under users under library under applications. I have gone down every thread as far as it will go, and there is no mail folder. I did not exclude it from back ups .

then I thought I would just pack up the whole library and maybe that would include it somehow, but it won't allow me to do that

i'm in a panic

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 7:30 PM

Go to your User Home folder (this folder has your username as its folder name).

Under View, select Show View Options and check the box to show the Library folder.

Then open the Library folder, open the Mail folder inside it. You should see a folder there called V10 (under Ventura).

Now enter Time Machine. You should be presented with options to restore that V10 folder. Select a backup that is dated earlier that the date/time when you deleted things accidentally. Before restoring the V10 folder from the backup, you may want to rename the current V10 folder to V10_old just in case this does not work and you need to go back to what you had.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2023 7:30 PM in response to jumperLaurel

Go to your User Home folder (this folder has your username as its folder name).

Under View, select Show View Options and check the box to show the Library folder.

Then open the Library folder, open the Mail folder inside it. You should see a folder there called V10 (under Ventura).

Now enter Time Machine. You should be presented with options to restore that V10 folder. Select a backup that is dated earlier that the date/time when you deleted things accidentally. Before restoring the V10 folder from the backup, you may want to rename the current V10 folder to V10_old just in case this does not work and you need to go back to what you had.

Time Machine onexternal hard drive does not include my mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.