You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers crashes every day

My Numbers app crashes every day when I first start updating a spreadsheet. I then 'Reopen' at the bottom of the 'unexpectedly closed' message and can continue for the day.

I have seen a lot of messages on this before, but what is the final solution, or just need to live with it??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 4:18 AM

4 replies

Jan 10, 2023 7:08 AM in response to AdrianESNL

Only crashes with one document? If so, the document may somehow be corrupted. You could try quitting or force-quitting Numbers and relaunching it while holding the shift key down. If that doesn't help and the document is not too complicated then you could try copy-pasting its content into a new document. Or you might be able to go to File > Revert to in your menu and find an older version of the document that doesn't cause a crash.

SG

Jan 11, 2023 1:32 PM in response to SGIII

Thanks SG, I'll see what I can do. Tried already the Force Quit and relaunch with Shift, but did not solve the issue. The document is quite complex and there is a lot in there, will see if I can manage to move the data. I am almost getting used to relaunch Numbers... it just happens every morning, not immediately but after a couple of entries into that document. Once I have relaunched Numbers it works fine all day without any problems. Very strange.

Numbers crashes every day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.