You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tried to change my credit card on file because that one was compromised n I have a new one

I have tried to change the credit card on file but can’t. My card was compromised n I had to get a new one

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 7:47 AM

5 replies

Jan 9, 2023 9:55 AM in response to Schoolbus45

From one of the links I posted earlier:

Remove a payment method on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Payment & Shipping.
  4. Tap Edit, tap the red Delete button, then tap Remove.

Remember that nobody on this forum works for Apple. We are just users like you. As it says at the bottom of this window: "This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions"

Apple has no messages saying an account is "in trouble". I have been asking for the exact wording of error messages because those are frequently diagnostic to a specific cause and solution.

You may wish to contact Apple itself by telephone where they can work with you in real time to get the information they need to help you.

Click on this link --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jan 7, 2023 9:48 PM in response to Schoolbus45

Why can't you? Describe what happens when you try. Include any error messages.

This document explains how to add a payment method to your Apple ID on a Mac, Apple mobile devices, or PC. Click here --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

To find out how to remove a payment method, or if you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID, read this article --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

- Ongoing subscriptions and Family Sharing organizers must always have a payment method present. To edit the cards used for those you may need to first add the new card and make it the primary payment method before removing the old card (see: If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support ).

I have tried to change my credit card on file because that one was compromised n I have a new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.