You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection to Internet on iPhone 12

wi-fi does not work outside on the street or stores when using my iPhone 12 At home the phone works with no problem.

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 11:01 AM

7 replies

Jan 9, 2023 2:55 PM in response to wildsword

Hi wildsword,

The best steps to take for Wi-Fi issues on your iPhone can be found in the Relevant Article you've reviewed above. If you continue to experience issues despite taking these steps there may be a compatibility issue with the networks you're attempting to join. We recommend reviewing these details about access points: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Take care.

Jan 10, 2023 2:19 PM in response to wildsword

Hey there wildsword, 

If you're having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi networks other than your home network, you'll want to follow the steps linked below.

If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network

Should you continue having problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, it would be helpful for you to share additional details regarding what you see on your device when you attempt to connect to these Wi-Fi networks.

Have a good one!

Jan 10, 2023 9:21 AM in response to Drew_7

Thank you Drew. All my settings are correct.

The issue is when I am outside my home. I was at Quest Diagnostics, and I was trying to sign in for my appointment on my phone. Quest texts a link to tap on to sign you in for your appointment. I got a no internet connection when I tapped on the link. No one else in the waiting room had a problem connecting with the internet.

Later when I was in Whole Foods, I could not connect to the internet at all.

Might need to call my mobile provider.

Thanks for your help!

Connection to Internet on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.