You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Options for resetting password on mac pro 16 logon screen

Missing options for resetting password on mac pro 16 logon screen. I tried restart and shutdown but still, no options for resetting my login password, and for some reason, it won't take my original password.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 8:43 AM

Thanks for the reply and help. I was able to reset my password by logging into Recovery.

Start up from macOS Recovery

Determine whether you're using a Mac with Apple silicon, then follow the appropriate steps to start up from macOS Recovery:

• Apple silicon: Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window. Select the gear icon labeled Options, then click Continue.
  • Intel processor: Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R until you see an Apple logo or other image.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2023 8:43 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks for the reply and help. I was able to reset my password by logging into Recovery.

Start up from macOS Recovery

Determine whether you're using a Mac with Apple silicon, then follow the appropriate steps to start up from macOS Recovery:

• Apple silicon: Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window. Select the gear icon labeled Options, then click Continue.
  • Intel processor: Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R until you see an Apple logo or other image.

Options for resetting password on mac pro 16 logon screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.