You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which watch face is this?

Hi, can someone help

me Identify the watch face design used on the series 8 starlight photos in the Apple marketing and on site. I want to configure mine the same way but can’t identify it.

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 6:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 5:14 PM

Thanks for confirming that this is the Metropolitan face. My dad purchased a 45mm Stainless just to get this face because he really likes it and it is the face that is in _all_ of the advertising for the Series 8 Apple Watch.

The thing is, after purchasing the Watch, neither of us have been able to configure it. Sure, we can add the Metropolitan face, but we can't get the exact same font for the dial numbers. We've spent an hour on an Apple support chat and two hours in our local Apple Store.

Does anyone now if it really is possible to get the exact same Watch face on Series 8? This is a really weird problem. The staff in my our local Apple Store had originally said it was a problem with the individual Watch he had. After doing and exchange and setting up the new-new Watch without restoring a backup, we just can't get the face showing in the ads and in the first post in this thread.

My dad is likely going to return the Series 8 Watch since he can't get the face he wants.

Cheers,

Alan

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2023 5:14 PM in response to Shinnyb

Thanks for confirming that this is the Metropolitan face. My dad purchased a 45mm Stainless just to get this face because he really likes it and it is the face that is in _all_ of the advertising for the Series 8 Apple Watch.

The thing is, after purchasing the Watch, neither of us have been able to configure it. Sure, we can add the Metropolitan face, but we can't get the exact same font for the dial numbers. We've spent an hour on an Apple support chat and two hours in our local Apple Store.

Does anyone now if it really is possible to get the exact same Watch face on Series 8? This is a really weird problem. The staff in my our local Apple Store had originally said it was a problem with the individual Watch he had. After doing and exchange and setting up the new-new Watch without restoring a backup, we just can't get the face showing in the ads and in the first post in this thread.

My dad is likely going to return the Series 8 Watch since he can't get the face he wants.

Cheers,

Alan

Which watch face is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.