You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install any fonts on my Macbook Air M1 device

Hello there! I've run across a nagging problem on my Macbook Air M1 device with Mac OS Ventura 13.1. I can't install any fonts on my device. I receive an error message stating:

"Could not install font. This may occur because of efforts to install fonts in files containing no valid fonts. Check your selection and try again."

Can someone please guide me why this problem keeps appearing? What can be done to resolve it?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 1:45 AM

2 replies

Jan 10, 2023 6:42 AM in response to ZainHamid52

Hey ZainHamid52,

We'd recommend reviewing the information in this article as it provides options for adding and removing fonts: Install or remove fonts on your Mac

"macOS supports TrueType (.ttf), Variable TrueType (.ttf), TrueType Collection (.ttc), OpenType (.otf), and OpenType Collection (.ttc) fonts. macOS Mojave or later also supports OpenType-SVG fonts. Legacy suitcase TrueType fonts and PostScript Type 1 LWFN fonts might work but aren't recommended.

Install fonts

1. Double-click the font in the Finder.
  2. Click Install in the font preview window that opens. The font then appears in the Font Book app, and is available for use in your apps.

If you want the fonts you install to also be available to other user accounts on your Mac, use Font Book settings to set the default install location."

If that's not working as expected, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance here: Get Support

Thanks!

Can't install any fonts on my Macbook Air M1 device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.