You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asking for password to unrecognized Apple id

I bought a new phone and initially tried the side-by-side transfer. A window asked me for the password to an Apple ID email I did not recognize. It said there were some purchases that needed the password to be restored.

I thought it was strange so I canceled the transfer and did a back up of my old phone to the cloud. I then set up the new phone from the cloud and again was asked for the password to the same strange email.

I skipped that step and finish the restore, and while navigating through the phone, a pop-up asked me to enter the password for the Apple ID of the strange email. I’ve never seen before.

Is this some sort of hack maybe? The email is not anybody I know, and nobody else uses my account.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 4:46 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Asking for password to unrecognized Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.