You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was shipped a new phone and activated it. Then I cleared my old phone and asked to have it deactivated. That deactivated my new phone also, so how do I reactivate my new phone?

I was shipped a new phone and activated it. Then I cleared my old phone and asked to have it deactivated. That deactivated my new phone also, so how do I reactivate my new phone?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 8:59 AM

To reactivate your new phone, you'll need to contact your wireless carrier and provide them with the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number for your device. They should be able to reactivate the phone for you and assign a new phone number to it.

If you don't have the IMEI number for your phone, you can usually find it by going to the Settings app, selecting General > About, and looking for the IMEI field. Alternatively, you can look for the IMEI number on the back of the phone, or on the box that the phone came in.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2023 8:59 AM in response to Manch_Nash1

To reactivate your new phone, you'll need to contact your wireless carrier and provide them with the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number for your device. They should be able to reactivate the phone for you and assign a new phone number to it.

If you don't have the IMEI number for your phone, you can usually find it by going to the Settings app, selecting General > About, and looking for the IMEI field. Alternatively, you can look for the IMEI number on the back of the phone, or on the box that the phone came in.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.