You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 14 Pro -- Can't pair Apple Watch

My wife bought a new iPhone 14 Pro. All of the set up went fine. Until, that is, it came to her Apple Watch. The watch keeps telling her to unlock the phone...it is...but it will not pair, it will not reset, it will not do anything other than being a paper weight.

I have tried the reset methods found on line. Most are out of date (I think) in that they say elements are in places they are not and there is no "erase" feature that becomes present.

My question, is this Apple Watch banished to become a paperweight forever? If not, what can I do?

Thank you.

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 9:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 9:33 AM

A couple things come to mind.

Make sure the iPhone is updated to iOS 16.2

If your wife didn't unpair the watch from the previous phone (am assuming this is about a watch paired with a previous iPhone?) read the directions in this, paying particular attention to the section about "If you don't have your old phone." --> How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

If this doesn't work for you, contact Apple directly for support. If you are in the US, you can call Apple directly at: 800-MY-APPLE

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2023 9:33 AM in response to MT_TT

A couple things come to mind.

Make sure the iPhone is updated to iOS 16.2

If your wife didn't unpair the watch from the previous phone (am assuming this is about a watch paired with a previous iPhone?) read the directions in this, paying particular attention to the section about "If you don't have your old phone." --> How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

If this doesn't work for you, contact Apple directly for support. If you are in the US, you can call Apple directly at: 800-MY-APPLE

New iPhone 14 Pro -- Can't pair Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.