You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo albums

In the past I have created a number of albums in 'My Albums' and then added individual photos to the new album. Simple. Today, when I click the + sign next to My Albums, nothing happens. In the past a new box would appear under My Albums which I would then name and add to.

I have spent over an hour on this so any suggestions welcome.

iMac

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 11:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 1:47 PM

What OS are you using? In any case, the first things to try are these:

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Rebuild your Photos Library--close Photos and re-launch by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Use another library if you have one, or make a small test Library with a few pictures in it and see if the same thing happens.
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers) This bypasses certain potentially disruptive processes.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

One of these steps may fix the problem, but their failure to work is also diagnostic.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2023 1:47 PM in response to Marlow49

What OS are you using? In any case, the first things to try are these:

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Rebuild your Photos Library--close Photos and re-launch by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Use another library if you have one, or make a small test Library with a few pictures in it and see if the same thing happens.
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers) This bypasses certain potentially disruptive processes.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

One of these steps may fix the problem, but their failure to work is also diagnostic.

Photo albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.