You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop the music

When I open a person's photo in The People folder and click on a picture tyhe music starts. I don't want music. There is no "Music" in the tool bar so the advice given to select it doesn't work. There is a logo for music on the bottom, but opening that just gives me 16 pieces of music to choose from. There is no option for "None." How can I disconnect Music from Photos? My OS is Ventura

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 6:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 1:23 AM

There is no way to play a memory without music. We can only select the least annoying song from our Apple Music Library, when playing a memory. What I am doing is turning off the sound on my Mac (set the volume to Zero) before opening Photos, either in the Control centre or the main menu bar. This way I will not be embarrassed my Mac starting to play music, when I accidentally open a Memory Movie.

You could also disable the Memory feature completely in Photos 8 on Ventura. In the Photos > Settings > General remove the checkmark for "recommended Content".

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2023 1:23 AM in response to carolagate

There is no way to play a memory without music. We can only select the least annoying song from our Apple Music Library, when playing a memory. What I am doing is turning off the sound on my Mac (set the volume to Zero) before opening Photos, either in the Control centre or the main menu bar. This way I will not be embarrassed my Mac starting to play music, when I accidentally open a Memory Movie.

You could also disable the Memory feature completely in Photos 8 on Ventura. In the Photos > Settings > General remove the checkmark for "recommended Content".

Jan 10, 2023 5:34 AM in response to carolagate

This wasn't an answer to my question, but it was a wonderful tip. I didn't even know I could get rid of Memories. I never could understand why Apple thinks an app can categorize my photos for me. But in this case my question wasn't for Memories (which thanks to you is now gone). The picture I opened was from People. I've never used Memories. I realize I can hit the button on the keyboard to mute the computer. But when I do that I forget to turn it back on and the next time I'm on Zoom I think something is wrong with my hearing aids.

Jan 10, 2023 8:33 AM in response to carolagate

When I open a person in People, I get a musical slide show only if I double-click on the big title picture at the top. Hitting the ESC key stops that slide show. Double-clicking (or spacebar) other pictures just gives a screen view of that picture, and allows me to "arrow" scroll through the others. Double-clicking or spacebar goes back to thumbnails.

Has this changed. I'm still using Monterey...

Stop the music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.