You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to import any new photos to Photos on my iMac

I'm unable to import any new photos to Photos on my iMac, whether it's via my iPhone or drag and drop from my Mac. I've updated to the latest software on my iMac (macOS Ventura 13.1).

iMac

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 7:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 3:33 AM

Where is your Photos Library stored? Is it in your Pictures folder or on an external volume?

If the library is on an external drive, make sure the volume has a compatible file system format (either APFS or MacOS Extended (Journaled)), the drive has a wired connection and is not connected over the local network, and the external volume has not beeb used for Time Machine backups. prepare the volume as described here:

Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2023 3:33 AM in response to SamMac462

Where is your Photos Library stored? Is it in your Pictures folder or on an external volume?

If the library is on an external drive, make sure the volume has a compatible file system format (either APFS or MacOS Extended (Journaled)), the drive has a wired connection and is not connected over the local network, and the external volume has not beeb used for Time Machine backups. prepare the volume as described here:

Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

Unable to import any new photos to Photos on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.