You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receivers turn on after turning off all devices by Apple TV 4k

I saw that it happens with several devices. In my case is a Marantz Receiver.

When I hold the apple tv remote power off button to turn off all devices it works instantly and then 2 o 3 seconds after, when apple tv led stop blinking and it actually turns off, my receiver turns on again. It is like in that specific moment apple tv sends another hdmi-cec command.

Is annoying and seems to be an apple tv bug.

I saw that it happened before to several users and now started again. For me it started suddenly one day without any explanation.

Do you know how could I fix this??

Thank you

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 8:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 9:24 PM

Same for me, but with a Yamaha TSR-7790. It usually waits about 20 - 30 seconds before the receiver turns back on.

5 replies

Jan 11, 2023 1:11 AM in response to xzcvdf

Try turning off the Apple TV through Control Center. See if that makes a difference.

A bit speculative, but I’m thinking there might be two signals with different timing when done with the power button, where TV gets a direct signal, then the receiver reacts first to the TV going off, and then later reacts to the Apple TV not being in sleep mode yet.

Jan 11, 2023 6:09 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Yes I already checked because I saw someone telling this in another thread but it doesnt work.

It's obvious that Apple TV sends a lot of hdmi-cec commands, and I dont know why.

When I turn on the tv and i change for example to playstation I have to change many times because it changes source to apple tv many times, then it stops. This is a little bit annoying but it's ok.

But when it goes off it is a problem because after sending turn off signal it sends another signal by hdmi-cec and the receiver turns on :S

Receivers turn on after turning off all devices by Apple TV 4k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.