You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the passcode so i can update the iphone

what is the passcode so i can update my phone??

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 7:04 PM

We can't tell you what your passcode is. It's the one you set up on your iPhone and it's encrypted directly on the phone, so even Apple can't tell you what it is.

You will need to fully erase your iPhone if you own iPhone 6 Plus as your tagline suggests if you don't know the passcode. See this link for directions --> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

This will require using a computer with iTunes (Windows) or Finder (Mac).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2023 7:04 PM in response to gey17

We can't tell you what your passcode is. It's the one you set up on your iPhone and it's encrypted directly on the phone, so even Apple can't tell you what it is.

You will need to fully erase your iPhone if you own iPhone 6 Plus as your tagline suggests if you don't know the passcode. See this link for directions --> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

This will require using a computer with iTunes (Windows) or Finder (Mac).

What is the passcode so i can update the iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.