You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my people not working

Was there a new update in the iOS 16.0.2 that changed how we can find people with Find My? My husband has Parkinson’s and I like to keep tabs on where he is at. However, it only shows his last location as being our home while he’s connected to Wi-Fi. That seems odd considering he needs to go places where there may not be Wi-Fi that he’s connected to. I welcome any and all suggestions to rectify this. It used to work fine earlier in 2022.

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 10:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 11:52 AM

The problem may be found on the husband's phone. In order for him to send his location back to yours, his mobile must be connected to a network, either WiFi or Cellular data. Since you only get his locations when he is on WiFi, it could indicate that his Cellular Data is disabled.

Go to:

Settings -> Cellular. Check that Cellular Data is enabled.

Then try turning off WiFi and see if he gets a 4G or 5G icon up in the status bar.

Visit a website and check if he is connected to the network when using Cellular Data. If there is NO connection, then you must contact his Carrier and ask them why he is not connected.

Finally, you can also try to remove your husband band from Find, and add again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2023 11:52 AM in response to Kiltie1234

The problem may be found on the husband's phone. In order for him to send his location back to yours, his mobile must be connected to a network, either WiFi or Cellular data. Since you only get his locations when he is on WiFi, it could indicate that his Cellular Data is disabled.

Go to:

Settings -> Cellular. Check that Cellular Data is enabled.

Then try turning off WiFi and see if he gets a 4G or 5G icon up in the status bar.

Visit a website and check if he is connected to the network when using Cellular Data. If there is NO connection, then you must contact his Carrier and ask them why he is not connected.

Finally, you can also try to remove your husband band from Find, and add again.

Find my people not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.