You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods drop signal during playback

For several day, while listening to music, podcasts, or books through my AirPods, the sound will drop. I can see that the app is still playing, but no sound comes through. Sometimes it will work again. after 15-30 seconds, but usually not. I have restarted my phone, turned Bluetooth on and off, and disconnected/connected my AirPods. Any ideas or suggestions welcome

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 4:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 6:29 PM

Hi Lee Rodgers,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you've tried some great steps so far. Next, we'd recommend using these steps from How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support as resetting may help to resolve this.

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
• If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
• If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
5. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
6. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.
7. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

When this happens, it might also be helpful to check your Bluetooth settings and make sure there are no other devices showing as connected. That will help eliminate another Bluetooth device as possibly interfering with the connection.

All the best.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2023 6:29 PM in response to Lee Rodgers

Hi Lee Rodgers,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you've tried some great steps so far. Next, we'd recommend using these steps from How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support as resetting may help to resolve this.

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
• If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
• If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
5. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
6. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.
7. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

When this happens, it might also be helpful to check your Bluetooth settings and make sure there are no other devices showing as connected. That will help eliminate another Bluetooth device as possibly interfering with the connection.

All the best.

AirPods drop signal during playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.