You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Drain

I have recently updated my iPhone 11 to the latest version of iOS, (16.2) and noticed a way bigger battery drain than normal, I checked the battery health to see if there was a warning about the battery health being too low. (If you want to check yours, go to settings>Battery>Battery health and charging) and it was at 86%, and no warning. I did contact apple support and they just told me to replace the battery. So I was going to replace the battery but the apple service repair place I went to said they didn't hold any battery's for the iPhone 11. So I went a couple days dealing with the battery and checked to see what app was draining the battery the most. Deleted the app that drained it the most and then went a couple days without having to worry about it dying on me again. Fast forward to a week later and the battery is dying quickly again. This time there was no app draining a lot of battery. This all started happening after an iOS 16 update. Is anyone else having the same problem?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 10:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 11:11 AM

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

Recent software updates can accelerate that process by adding features that consume more power.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

It takes approximately 2 years to go from 100% to 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2023 11:11 AM in response to MacBookUSER12Catalina

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

Recent software updates can accelerate that process by adding features that consume more power.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

It takes approximately 2 years to go from 100% to 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

Jan 12, 2023 11:16 AM in response to MacBookUSER12Catalina

but the apple service repair place I went to said they didn't hold any battery's for the iPhone 11.

Then, you did not visit an authorized Apple Service shop. Even if they were out of stock, it would only take a day or two to get more batteries. Click on the link below to find an authorized shop in your area.

Apple Support

Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.