You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete wrong apple ID from the appstore login #2

I can't update the installed apps on my iPhone 13. When I attempt this, I am asked to provide a password to sign into the App Store, but the Apple ID shown is for a long-closed account. I can't change this incorrect Apple ID.

As suggested from other threads, I have tried signing out and back in with my correct Apple ID and password, even though it was correct in the first place. My ID is accepted and verified by Apple. However, the problem of an incorrect ID in the app update window still exists.

When I look at my phone's app purchase history, all my apps are there. So I assume that means they are associated with my correct Apple ID ... right?

The subject of this question was copied from a community thread from way back in 2012, so the issue has been around for a while now.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 2:12 AM

Get help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

3 replies

Jan 13, 2023 5:30 PM in response to Raicya

Follow-up after Chats and Phone contact with Apple: As near as we (Apple and me) can tell, these un-updatable apps were still associated with my old, closed Apple ID. The trick is to delete and reinstall these apps as they appear. To view them, go to the App Store, tap your account avatar and scroll down to see the apps which request the old Apple ID. Swipe the app to the left and delete it, then reinstall it ... problem solved.

delete wrong apple ID from the appstore login #2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.